高一英语第十九单元教学设计
一、目的与要求
掌握本单元出现的单词和词组, officer, fair, army, handtruck, careless, carelessly, remove, refuse, cross promise, support, engineer, design, pretend, boss, department, designer, gently, pick up, to one’s surprise, call at, look down upon, make a decision, agree with…等等,高一英语第十九单元。
二、掌握本单元出现的日常交际用语
It seems that…, I believe …, I (don’t) think…, I (don’t) think so, I (don’t) agree, That’s right, That’s unfair, I’m (not) sure, You are right, I guess… , I can believe that … , In my poinion, …等等。
三、本单元知识重点与难点分析
⒈复合名词的第一个词是man或woman时,两部分都要变成复数,例如:
man student──men students男学生
woman doctor──women doctors女医生
如本单元women police officers女警官,women teachers女教师,women engineers女工程师
⒉It seems that it’s more difficult for women to get to the top of a company.
妇女要想取得一个公司的最高职位,似乎更加困难。
It seems that…是一个常用句型,作“似乎”、“好象”、“看来”解,例如:
It seems that he is interested in collecting stamps very much.
他好像对集邮非常感兴趣。
It seems that your father knows this city very well.
看来你父亲对这个城市非常了解。
It seemed that the students were reading English when the teacher came in.
当老师进来的时候,学生们好象正在读英语。
注意上述句子也可用另外一种形式表达,意思一样,没有差别。例如:
He seems to be interested in collecting stamps very much.
Your father seems to know this city very well.
The students seemed to be reading English when the teacher came in .
⒊Companies that make telephones and computers and so on preper to employ women.
那些制造电话和电子计算机的公司更喜欢雇用妇女。
⑴这是一个含有定语从句的主从复合句,其中that引导定语从句,并在定语从句中作主语。
⑵(would) preper to…作“宁愿”,“更喜欢”解,例如:
I would preper to go there by bike. 我宁愿骑自行车去那里。
I would preper to stay at home alone than go out to play with you.
我宁愿独自一人待在家里,也不愿和你们一起出去玩。
⒋His job was to design new machines. 他的工作是设计新的机器。
此句中“to design new machines”是动词不定式,作表语。动词不定式在句中可作主语,表语,宾语,宾语补语,定语和状语。例如:
To answer this question is not easy. (It is not easy to answer this question)(作主语)回答这个问题并不容易。
His with is to become a scientist in the future.(作表语)他的愿望是将来当一名科学家。
She has forgotten to telephone them. (作宾语)她忘记给他们打电话了。
I think it impossible to work out this math problem in so short a time. (作宾语,it是形式宾语)我认为在这么短的时间里算出这道数学难题是不可能的。
The headmaster warned the students not to be late. (作宾语补足语)校长警告学生们不要迟到。
He was the first to come to school that morning. (作定语)那天早上,他是第一个到校的。
She went to the train station to meet her uncle.(作目地状语)她到火车站去接她的叔叔了。
She is too young to go to school. (作结果状语)她太小了,不能上学。
⒌Mr. King, whose legs were badly hurt, was quickly taken to hospital.
金先生的腿部受了重伤,很快就被送往医院。
句中whose引导的是一个非限定性定语从句,它与主句的关系不十分密切,只表示对先行词作附加说明,前后用逗号与主句分开。由于限定性不强,只起补充说明的作用,所以,在译成汉语时,通常分开来译成两个句子。而限定性定语从句,主句和从句的关系密切,其间不用逗号,译成汉语时通常都译成一个句子。例如:
The engineer whose legs were badly hurt was quickly taken to hospital. (限定性定语从句)腿部受伤的那位工程师很快就被送到了医院。
Last week I happened to meet Li Li in the street , who seemed to be very busy. (非限定性定语从句)上星期我碰巧在街上遇到了李立,他似乎很忙。
I’d like to take care of the child whose mother died recently.(限定性定语从句)我想照顾最近母亲去世了的那个孩子。
The child, whose mother died recently, is taken good care of by his teachers. (非限定性定语从句)那个孩子的母亲去世了,他受到了老师们很好的照顾。
⒍To everyone’s surprise, Mr. King refused. 使每个人感到惊奇的是,金先生拒绝了。
to one’s surprise / to the surprise of sb.意思是“使某人惊奇的是”,例如:
To their surprise, they saw not locusts this time, but seagulls. 令他们吃惊的是,他们这次看到的不是蝗虫,而是海鸥。
To the surprise of the young couple, they found the necklace missing. 使这对年青夫妇吃惊的是,他们发现项链不见了,高中英语教案《高一英语第十九单元》。
类似的表达方式还有:to one’s job / to the joy of sb.使某人高兴的是
to one’s delight / to the delight of sb. 使某人高兴的是,to one’s sorrow / to the sorrow of sb.使某人悲伤的是,例如:
To the sorrow of the family, the house was completely destroyed by the fire. 使全家人伤心的是,房子被大火全部烧毁了。
⒎Unless you tell me, I shall not be able to help you. 如果你不告诉我,我就不会帮助你。
unless是从属连词,引导条件状语从句,作“除非”,“如果不”解,例如:
Don’t come in unless I call you. 如果我不叫你,你就不要进来。
You will fail in French unless you work harder. 你要是不再加把劲儿,法语考试就不及格了。
One cannot learn English well unless he works hard. 除非下苦功夫,否则英语是学不好的。/ 如果不下苦功夫,英语是学不好的。
⒏But I had to lie to the company and pretend to be a man in order to get a job. 但是,为了得到一份工作,我不得不向公司撒谎并装成一个男人。
⑴lie是不及物动词,意思是“说谎”,是规则动词,它与lie(躺)是同形而不同意,后者是不规则动词。要注意它们之间的区别,如:lie(说谎)过去式,过去分词和现在分词分别是lied, lied, lying;lie(躺)过去式,过去分词和现在分词,分别是lay, lain, lying。另外,还有一个动词,lay(置放)过去式,过去分词和现在分词是laid, laid, laying。
⑵pretend是及物动词,作“假装”解,例如:
She pretended that she was not at home when we rang the doorbell. (=She pretended not to be at home when we rang the doorbell.)我们按门铃时,她假装不在家。
When the teacher came in, they pretended that they were reading English. (=When the teacher came in, they pretended to be reading English.)当老师进来的时候,他们假装正在读英语。
He pretended to be ill yesterday and did not go to school. 昨天,他装病,没有去上学。
⒐He called at the hospital after work to find out whether Mr. King was better. 下班后,他就来医院探望,看看金先生是否好些了。
⑴call at…意思是“访问(某家,某地)”,call on sb.意思是“访问,拜访某人”,例如:
I really don’t want her to call at your house. 我真的不想让她到你家去拜访。
Yesterday afternoon I went to call on an old friend of mine. 昨天下午,我去拜访了我的一位老朋友。
I’ll call at your office next Monday. 下周一,我要到你办公室去看你。
⑵find out作“搞清楚”,“弄明白”,“了解”,“打听”解,表示通过研究,调查,观察找出原因或秘密等。而find则表示“找到”,“发现”的意思。例如:
You’d better go and find out when the meeting will begin.
你最好去搞清楚会议什么时候开始。
Can you find out his telephone number for me?你能帮我打听一下他的电话号码吗?
I’ll try my best to find out the truth of it. 我会尽力弄清楚事实真相的。
He work up and found himself in hospital. 他醒来发觉自己在医院里。
When we came back ,we found her asleep on the sofa. 我们回来时,发现她在沙发上睡着了。
Have you found the bike that you lost last month? 你已经找到上个月丢的那辆自行车了吗?
⒑I don’t agree with your decision. 我不同意你的决定。
⑴agree with… 作“同意”,“赞同”解,通常后边接人或表示某人的意见,想法,看法,观点,决定等词。例如:
I really hope you will agree with me on / about this matter.
关于这件事,我真的希望你会同意我的看法。
Do you agree with me / my views on this problem?
你同意你对这个问题的看法吗?
I do not agree with what you said at the meeting yesterday.
我不同意你昨天在会上所说的那些话。
⑵agree to sth.作“同意”,“赞成”解,后面通常接表示,“计划”,“安排”,“建议”等词,例如:
I completely agree to your proposal. 我完全同意你的建议。
I don’t think he will agree to this arrangement. 我认为,他不会赞成这个安排的。
⑶agree on sth.意思是“对…取得一致意见”或“达成共识”,例如:
We all agree on an early start tomorrow morning. 我们一致赞成明天早上早些动身。
They agreed on the date for the next meeting. 他们对下次会议的日期达成一致意见。
⒒She lied to us because she had to in order to get a job.
她对我们说了谎话,那是为了得到一份工作不得不这么干的。
句中“…because she had to”的后面省略了“lie to us”,以避免重复。英语中常用不定式符号to来代替整个动词不定式短语,以避免重复。例如:
─Do you want to listen to the concert with me? 你想和我一起去听音乐会吗?
─Yes, I’ll be glad to. 是的,我很乐意。(和你一起去听音乐会)
─Would you like to go and visit the History Museum?你愿意去参观历史博物馆吗?
─Yes, I’d like to. 是的,我很愿意去。
⒓But we have never had women working in this part of our company before.
但是我们从前从来就没有让妇女在我们公司的这个部门工作过。
have sb. doing的意思是“使某人作某事”,have是使役性动词,作“使”,“让”解,这一结构通常表示,“让某人或等物持续进行的动作或状态”,例如:
Don’t have the water running all day long. 不要让自来水老花花地流。
The two cheats had their lights burning all day and all night. 两个骗子让灯白天黑夜都亮着。
Don’t have him waiting for me at the school gate all morning. 不要让他整个上午都在学校校门口等着我。
In the busiest season, the farmers had the tractors working in the fields day and night. 在繁忙季节,农民让拖拉机在地里日夜工作着。
本文标签:
[!--temp.ykpl--]